Tarter Krinsky & Drogin partnered with Università Bocconi to host a full-day program as part of its In-Company Training Program. The presentation, titled “Setting up Shop: Key Legal Issues for the Retail Industry” focused on the key legal challenges for retail clients entering the U.S. market.
The program was facilitated by Giuliano Iannaccone, a Partner in the International and Corporate Groups. Featured presentations included:
- Cross-Border Retail Expansion, One Brick at a Time - David Pfeffer, Construction
- Retaining Your Workforce: Effective Compensation and Benefit Design - Steve Ferszt – Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- How to Market through Celebrities: Publicity Rights in the U.S., Product Placement and Endorsement - Amy Goldsmith, Intellectual Property
- No Good Idea Goes Unpunished - Phil Braginsky, Intellectual Property
- Talent Welcome (With a Quota) - Andrew Koerner, Immigration
- Crossing the Line in Retail Employment - Richard L. Steer, Labor and Employment
- Creative Solutions to Commercial Lease Agreements - William Weisner, Real Estate
- Into the Wild – Entering the Workforce as an Attorney in the U.S. - Maxwell Rosenthal
The Bocconi In-Company Training Program is a global academic program which provides a its students the opportunity to visit select companies. Other New York program sponsors included the Italian Chamber of Commerce, Ernst & Young, Granito Advisory and the United Nations.